The Bower is an environmental charity that collects, repairs and sells preloved goods.
What happens when you call?
- The Bower staff will ask you a few simple questions to determine if your items can be reused by The Bower.
- The Collection and Rehoming Service will then arrange a date and time for your items to be collected.
- If the Collection and Rehoming Service cannot collect your items directly, they will refer you to one of more than 1000 organisations, charities, second hand stores and recycling services.
- You can also deliver your items directly to The Bower at Hut 34, 142 Addison Road Marrickville. While you’re there, take the time to peruse the goods they have on sale in their store. The Bower is open 7 days a week, Monday to Saturday 10am to 5pm and Sundays 10am to 4pm.
- You can call the Collection and Rehoming Service an unlimited number of times.
Why call the Bower Reuse and Repair Centre?
- By calling The Bower’s Collection and Rehoming Service you will be helping to stop your unwanted items from ending up as waste in NSW's landfills.
- You’ll be helping others by enabling The Bower to provide household items at low prices to other community members.
What items does The Bower take?
- household furniture
- some electronic appliances
- small quantities of building materials
The Bower cannot take these items
- Furniture made using chipboard or MDF
- Dirty/ripped/stained lounges and sofas
- Washing machines and dishwashers
- Old bulky televisions (CRT)
- Baby/children’s items - cots, prams, toys
- Kitchen fitouts and large goods - stoves, microwaves, large fridges and freezers
- Pianos and organs
- Fitness equipment - walking machines, rowers, cross-trainers, ab-busters
- Encyclopaedias and magazines
Download The Bower’s Collection & Rehoming Service Frequently Asked Questions (pdf. 289KB)
The Bower Collection and Rehoming Service – 9568 6280 (Mon – Fri 10am to 5pm)
Email – email@example.com