Each year on Australia Day we recognise the outstanding work of our community’s unsung heroes with the Citizen of the Year Awards.
These awards honour people and organisations who generously give their time and effort to help others and improve the Ku-ring-gai community.
These people might be your neighbours, colleagues or family members who volunteer for charity work, a local business that never fails to get behind an important community initiative, those who strive to improve the community services and facilities of Ku-ring-gai, or a young person striving to become a leader for tomorrow.
The Citizen of the Year Awards aim to recognise residents of Ku-ring-gai who have demonstrated excellent citizenship and contribution to the people of Ku-ring-gai or the wider community.
2018 Award categories
- Ku-ring-gai Citizen of the Year
- Ku-ring-gai Young Citizen of the Year
- Outstanding Service to the Ku-ring-gai Community - Individual or Group (This award incorporates the previous award categories of business, heritage and environment.)
Nominations for the 2018 awards are now closed.
The awards are presented at the Australia Day Citizenship and Awards ceremony in Bicentennial Park on 26 January 2018.
Contact Sue Davies on 9424 0831 or email email@example.com
The winners of the 2017 Awards were:
- Citizen of the Year - Dr Zeny Edwards
- Young Citizen of the Year - David Taylor
- Outstanding Service to the Community (Individual) - Helen Wortham
- Outstanding Service to the Community (Group) - WW1 Writers Group (Ku-ring-gai Historical Society)
Online nomination form
Submit your online nomination by completing the form below. Nominations close Monday 13 November 2017.